Saturday, March 20, 2010

Explanation

I am a stay at home mom to 3 boys- but not for long.  An elementary school teacher at heart, I will be going back into the classroom this fall (4 months and counting!) after a five year hiatus.

Really, I am excited about this.  My oldest will be in Kindergarten, my middle child will be in full time preschool, and my sweet baby will be one and (hopefully) will love hanging out with a bunch of little dudes his size all day at daycare.  And although I have loved my time at home with my boys, it is definitely time to start a new chapter, because I'm getting to the point where I clap for anyone who uses the potty, I puree my own foods, and the highlight of my week is that ten minute period when all of the laundry is done at the same time (not to mention that my husband would really love to put that second income back in our finances!).

The only problem is that I planned my last lesson 5 YEARS AGO.  And I have a brain like a sieve (thanks to my youngest who, at 9 months, has yet to sleep through the night).  So how do I go about keeping current on educational theories and gathering ideas for my future classroom?

I start this blog.

I know.  Follow me, though.

There are a million books out there will amazing ideas.  But I don't have time to read them all.  BUT.  There are also a million awesome teachers out there with amazing ideas, who have put those amazing ideas into practice and reported their findings!  Heck, most of them even post their lesson plans and tell you what they would do differently next time!

I come from the school of thought in which the best teaching ideas are either borrowed or stolen...and I am here to compile and organize the best of them so that I can put them to use in my classroom.  I will (of course) give credit where it is due, and would also love comments that lead me to new ideas.

This is for all of us, my teacher friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment